Education: Graduate / Post graduate
Experience: 5 - 8 years
Tentative Date of Joining: Immediate
Reporting to: Head of Incubation
The incubation program offers curated support for Startup founders supporting the needs of market exposure, knowledge, networks, and access to opportunities at the right time. Founders who go through the program will be able to build their skills and abilities and accelerate the startup's growth in the market. Incubation Assistant Manager will be a startup catalyst who is also responsible for support to entrepreneurs across ideation, acceleration, investment, and scale-up stage.
Education and experience:
- 5 to 8 years experience in account management, relationship management, operations, and or marketing in startups or startup ecosystem.
- Graduate / Post graduate
- Entail skills of Market research/Data driven/Analytical/Benchmarking/Decision support
- Experience in specific sectors like Agriculture/Medtech/Edutech, rural value chain will be added advantage
- Have worked with incubators, accelerators, startups, or have been an entrepreneur by yourself (preferred)
Key competency and skills:
- Passionate individuals with a learning attitude who aspire to be entrepreneurial and create a nurturing environment for entrepreneurs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well with an eye for detail
- Ability to quickly understand and articulate Deshpande Startups core values, value proposition, and key messages.
- Confidence to think outside the box and suggest growth ideas both big and small to improve how we do things
- Equal enthusiasm for both day-to-day executional tasks and bigger picture projects
- Team player with strong execution capabilities and leadership potential
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Manage the day-to-day interaction with the Incubatees
- Provide support to entrepreneurs across ideation, acceleration, investment and scale-up stage
- Ensure management of milestones and progress of entrepreneurs and startup companies
- Connect startups with resources and opportunities that can enable growth
- Facilitate and organize regular mentor meetings, check-ins and reviews to deliver the program inputs
- Enable strategic guidance to entrepreneurs in areas such as business modeling sales, and marketing, financing, fundraising, overall strategy, operations etc
- Guide and support start-ups for fundraising activity
- Identify, grow and leverage industry, academics, investors & institutional network for the benefit of the incubation program.
- Help the team build their capacities to deliver a successful program with minimum mistakes, deviations, and lags under strict deadlines and help them navigate program challenges and the uncertainties.
- Support in creating processes, document best practices and success stories, monitor impact metrics and growth, generate reports to further improve the program.
- Bring newer concepts, ideas, global best practices, and knowledge to the table to develop a better program design / architecture for the target beneficiaries
- Stay abreast of the latest courses, programs, investments, developments, policies regarding startups/entrepreneurship and associated from both India and abroad.
- Perform such other duties as required and appropriate to the objectives of this position, program, and the needs of the organization
We are located at
Foundation For Sandboxstartup Initiatives, Next to International Airport, Gokul Road,
Opp. to Gokul Village, Hubballi, Karnataka, INDIA - 580030
Subscribe to our newsletter to get all our news in your Inbox.